General dentistry is the maintenance of your teeth and gums. For example, it can mean a dental filling if you have a cavity.
Our top general dentist in Temecula, CA, Dr. Carr, offers quality and affordable dentistry for patients in many locations.
What Does a General Dentist Do?
A general dentist provides exams, typically every six months. This includes x-rays periodically and an oral cancer screening. If an issue is found, a general dentist talks to you about your options and then schedules treatment to restore your oral health.
Examples of general dentistry include but are not limited to:
- Tooth-colored fillings to treat tooth decay
- Root canal therapy to treat deep tooth infections
- Dental crown placement to restore weak or broken teeth
- Tooth replacement options to restore missing teeth
- Extractions, including wisdom teeth extractions
- Periodontal treatments
- Emergency dental care
A good general dentist also discusses options with you and explains treatment recommendations. It’s crucial to the team at Byron L. Carr, DMD, FAGD, that you feel confident and trust in the dentistry we provide!
A Special Emphasis on Prevention
As a rule, good oral hygiene and regular checkups and teeth cleanings lower your risks of needing many general dentistry treatments like fillings and root canals.
- Ideally, we suggest brushing and flossing after every meal or at least twice each day.
- Most dentists, including Dr. Carr, recommend coming in twice yearly for checkups and teeth cleanings.
- It’s always best to report oral health changes to our team as soon as possible, including mouth sores and tooth sensitivity.
As far as we’re concerned, a general dentist does everything possible to keep your smile healthy through the years.
Contact Our Temecula Dental Practice
We accept many insurance plans and offer our own In-House Dental Savings Plan to make dentistry affordable for all patients. To learn more or arrange your next visit, give us a call today.